- Community Development
GENERAL PLAN UPDATE
After several public meetings and nearly 500 responses to our survey, Community Development has drafted Vision and Values statements for the update to the General Plan. These broad vision statements will set the direction for the General Plan’s more specific goals and objectives, which will be drafted in the coming months, and will be discussed at a new round of meetings later this year.
Please review the proposed Vision and Values at the link below, and send any comments or questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Draft Vision & Value Statements
The City Atlas is a collection of maps, charts, and text compiled to present a comprehensive description of Cottonwood. It will be a companion document to the updated General Plan.
City Atlas (PDF)
Public Participation Plan
(Available in English & Spanish)
We have implemented a NEW Application Tracking system.
All application submittals for Community Development will go through our NEW online public portal.
Please follow the directions below.
- Visit our NEW Customer Portal website and create a new account
- Select Sign Up in the top right-hand corner
- Confirm your account
- Click on the GO >> button under My Portal (personal account) or Business Portal (company account)
- Click the Apply >> button
- Click on the “Select a Category” bar
- Select the division you need
- Select the permit/application you need and fill out/upload all required information
If you need help to navigate our new portal please use the link below:
- or call 928-634-5505
You will have access to manage your permit to pay, view and/or print. It will always be available in your customer portal once it is reviewed and issued.
Please reach out with any questions.
The City of Cottonwood would like to recognize local commercial properties within the City of Cottonwood limits with exceptional landscapes. We will be presenting awards for Best Overall, Best Curb Appeal, and Best Use of Native Plants. Anyone may nominate a commercial property via the online SmartGov form until April 28, 2023. If you have any questions, please contact Community Development at (928) 634-5505.
Steps to submit a nomination on SmartGov:
- Signup/Login (if signing up for the first time then validate via email>
- Select “Go” on “My Portal”
- Select “Apply” on “Apply Online”
- Select “Community Development” from the drop-down menu
- Select “City Beautification Nomination Form”
- You can fill out the form and attach up to two photos.
Click here to view the program flyer.
Community Development Hours:
Mission & Responsibilities
The Community Development Department includes the Planning Division, Building Division and Ordinance Enforcement Division. The Community Development Department's mission is to provide professional planning and technical services to guide the orderly development of a healthy, balanced, livable community. This department administers planning services, issues construction permits, and enforces codes and ordinances in the interest of ensuring safe and attractive neighborhoods, a healthy environment, and a strong, vital economy.
Mon Jun. 26
Wed Jun. 28
Mon Jul. 17
Swimming Pools can be fun and safe
Swimming pools can be great fun for everyone especially during the hot summer months however, safety precautions must be followed at all times. It is important for people with backyard pools to realize how easy it is for children to wander into a yard or through a back door to a pool. Unfortunately, it only takes seconds for a child to drown. Children should never be left unattended around water even for a few seconds. Drowning is one of the leading causes of death in Arizona for children under age 5.
Pool Enclosure Regulations- English
Pool Enclosure Regulations- Spanish
Storage Sheds/Detached Accessory Structure
Storage Sheds/Detached Accessory Structure Information
Residential Rental Maintenance and Inspection Program
Title 8. Chapter 8.48 Residential Rental Maintenance and Inspection Program
Requirements & Resources
- A-Frame Sign Brochure (PDF)
- A-Frame Sign Regulations (PDF)
- Code Review Brochure (PDF)
- Code Review Brochure (PDF)
- Conditional Use Permit Brochure (PDF)
- Construction Noise Regulations(PDF)
- Fence Permit Brochure (PDF)
- Fence Regulations & Permitting (PDF)
- Owner Builder Brochure (PDF)
- Owner Builder Permitting(PDF)
- Swimming Pools and Spa Regulations (PDF)
- Swimming Pools and Spas Brochure (PDF)
- Temporary Sign Brochure (PDF)
- Temporary Signage Regulations (PDF)
- Variance Brochure (PDF)
- Weeds and Junk Brochure (PDF)