***Temporary Hours in effect: Monday through Thursday 7:00 am to 4:30 pm, Friday 7:00 am to 11:00 am***
The Building Division has the responsibility of ensuring that all structures and development within the city limits are constructed and maintained to comply with the minimum safety standards set forth in the 2009 International Building Code with Appendixes C, H, and I, 2009 International Residential Code with Appendixes A, B, C, G, H, J, O and Q, 2009 International Plumbing Code with Appendixes B, C, D, E and G, 2009 International Mechanical Code with Appendix A, 2009 International Fuel Gas Code with Appendixes A, B and C, 2008 National Electrical Code and the 2012 International Fire Code with Appendixes B, C, D, H and J, Arizonans with Disabilities Act and Americans with Disabilities Act Accessibility Guidelines for Buildings and Facilities. This includes code review, plan review, issuing building and grading permits, field inspections, complaint investigations and related enforcement activities.
All contractors are required to be licensed through the State of Arizona, unless work falls under the Handyman Exemption A.R.S. Sec. 32-1121A.14. More information on licensed contractors can be found at https://roc.az.gov/
Any work being done on a Manufactured Home or Factory Built Building will also need to be licensed through the State of Arizona and information can be found at https://housing.az.gov/general-public/manufactured-housing.
Any person(s) working without a license will be subjects to fines and fees established by the State of Arizona Registrar of Contractors.
- Accessory Structure Permit Application (PDF)
- Commercial Construction Plan Requirements (PDF)
- Commercial Permit Application (PDF)
- Commercial Tenant Improvement Permit Application (PDF)
- Manufactured Home Permit Application (PDF)
- Miscellaneous Construction Permit Application (PDF)
- Multi Family Permit Application (PDF)
- Residential Permit Application (PDF)
- Tenant Occupancy Permit Application (PDF)