Parks & Recreation Commission
- Every 4th Tuesday (except December and July)
- 5 p.m.
- Cottonwood Recreation Center Conference Room
- Please call 928-639-3200 prior to attending to check on possible time or location changes.
January 26, 2021 Parks & Recreation Commission Meeting Tues, Jan 26, 2021 5:00 PM (MST)
GoTo Meeting Invite:
Please join my meeting from your computer, tablet or smartphone.
You can also dial in using your phone:
United States: +1 (408) 650- 3123
Access Code: 393-825-053
Join from a video-conferencing room or system.
Dial in or type: 126.96.36.199 or inroomlink.goto.com
Meeting ID: 832 436 421
Or dial directly: email@example.com or 188.8.131.52##832436421
New to GoToMeeting? Get the app now and be ready when your first meeting starts:
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
View Agendas and Minutes.
Powers and duties of the Parks and Recreation Commission shall be as follows:
- To advise the city council and the parks and recreation director in establishing general priorities at budget time for those items, other than administrative functions, relating to park development and recreation programs. This will involve yearly review and update of the five-year plan for park land acquisition and capital improvements as prepared by the parks and recreation director
- To advise the city council and assist the parks and recreation director in the development of a continuing plan for the city's park system and its recreation program. The city manager, through the parks and recreation director, shall from time to time send such plans and programs to the commission for its review. The results of such reviews shall then be forwarded to the city council for action. The same aforementioned may be requested by the city council for action. The same aforementioned may be requested by the city council from the commission involving research, comments, and/or recommendations on parks and recreation-related matters
- To advise the city council and parks and recreation director on the policies, rules and regulations relating to the operation, use, care and maintenance of areas and structures owned, leased or otherwise acquired by the city for use as parks and recreation centers.