What is the Award?
The City of Cottonwood would like to recognize local commercial properties within the City of Cottonwood limits with exceptional landscapes. We will be presenting awards for Best Overall, Best Curb Appeal, and Best Use of Native Plants. Anyone may nominate a commercial property via the online SmartGov form until April 28, 2023. If you have any questions, please contact Kristina Hayden at (928) 634-5505 EXT. 3320 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who is Eligible?
Local businesses in commercial properties that have well-maintained/enhanced landscaping, and have been in operation for one year or more.
What do Winners Receive?
- Award presented at a City Council meeting
- A winner yard sign
- Business name mentioned in Press Release announcing winners
- Business mention in social media winner announcement
- Name and photo of the business featured on the Beautification Recognition Program’s website page
How do I Submit a Nomination?
- Businesses can be self-nominated, or nominated by anyone in the community.
- Steps to submit a nomination on SmartGov:
- Signup/Login (if signing up for the first time then validate via email)
- Select “Go” on “My Portal”
- Select “Apply” on “Apply Online”
- Select “Community Development” from the drop-down menu
- Select “City Beautification Nomination Form”
- You can fill out the form and attach up to two photos.
What is the Selection Process?
- All nominations will be evaluated by a panel of judges using a scoring rubric.
- Winners will be announced at a future City Council meeting and presented with their awards.
What is the Deadline to Submit Nominations?
Nominations for the City Beautification Recognition Program must be submitted no later than April 28, 2023.