COTTONWOOD GENERAL PLAN 2025
Approved by Public Vote: November 4, 2014
Adopted by the Cottonwood City Council: June 3, 2014
The Cottonwood General Plan 2025 was ratified by the voters of Cottonwood at the November 4, 2014 public election. As per Arizona Revised Statutes, the General Plan shall remain in effect for 10 years from approval by the voters - until 2024 for the Cottonwood General Plan. Links to the approved Cottonwood General Plan 2025 and related Maps are included below:
The purpose of the General Plan:
- The General Plan is a statement of goals and related policies to help guide the physical, environmental and economic growth and revitalization of the city. It acts as a blueprint for future growth and development. It serves as a guide for future decisions.
- The General Plan contains goals and objectives related to growth and development, as well as aspirations for the future, strategies for implementation, and proposed maps that include land use, circulation, public facilities, and similar aspects of the city form.
- The General Plan enables the community to participate in shaping the character of the community, and gives direction to policy makers regarding future development.
What the General Plan does not do:
- Change any existing use of land or property, or change any zoning classification.
- Function as a law, regulation or ordinance.
- Create or raise any taxes or fees.
Many people helped to guide the development of the Cottonwood General Plan 2025. The Cottonwood City Council provided detailed guidance throughout the process. In the Fall of 2012, a series of public visioning workshops were held at the Cottonwood Recreation Center, at which many citizens provided input on the future vision for Cottonwood. The General Plan Steering Committee, comprised of 8 citizen volunteers, met through 2013 to review each chapter in detail. The Planning and Zoning Commission, Parks and Recreation Commission, and Historic Preservation Commission also provided review and input throughout the process. A series of public open house meetings were conducted in 2014 to get further input on the draft plan. The City Council approved the General Plan by Resolution on June 3, 2014, and the voters of Cottonwood ratified the Plan on November 4, 2014.
For additional information, please contact:
Community Development Department
City of Cottonwood
111 N. Main Street
Cottonwood, AZ 86326
All documents are in Adobe PDF Format
Please note file size when downloading, some of these files include graphics that take time to load and display.
Cottonwood General Plan 2025
|--||Table of Contents||96 KB|
|--||General Plan (All files below, combined)||11 MB|
|2||Vision and Values||724 KB|
|3||Land Use||2 MB|
|5||Open Space & Parks||2 MB|
|6||Growth Area||655 KB|
|7||Environmental Planning||121 KB|
|8||Water Resources||232 KB|
|9||Cost of Development||112 KB|
|11||Historic Preservation||519 KB|
|12||Economic Development||309 KB|
|12||Plan Administration||130 KB|
General Plan 2025 Maps
|1||Land Use Map||2 MB|
|2||Planning Sub-Area||916 KB|
|3||Zoning 2014||2 MB|
|4||Cottonwood Area||181 KB|
|5||Street Circulation Map||210 KB|
|6||Traffic Counts||113 KB|
|7||Public Lands Map||4 MB|
|8||Community Facilities||3 MB|
|9||Growth Areas||112 KB|
|10||City Boundary Map||496 KB|
|11||Old Town Cottonwood||188 KB|
|12||Annexation History Map||1 MB|