Last Friday Governor Ducey relaxed restrictions and closures on retail shops, hair salons and barber shops. As of today, Monday, May 11, restaurants may serve inside dining with safety precautions. The City of Cottonwood realizes there is a lot of information being distributed by several outlets and it is critical to provide valuable and useful information to the community.
As elected officials, city leaders, business owners and key stakeholders prepare for the re-opening of the local community, many discussions and virtual meetings have occurred to provide real solutions and guidance on how businesses can thrive. During those meetings, discussions and concerns have been brought up about the following topics (it is the City’s goal to provide factual and reliable resources):
- Please visit www.cottonwoodaz.gov/safe-clean-ready for a list of safe reopening guidelines, sign up to be a “Safe. Clean. Ready.” business in Cottonwood and receive supportive campaign documentation.
- Practice responsible sanitation – remember you have ONE chance to make that first impression upon your customers! If your business looks, smells and feels CLEAN you will have a better chance of positive experiences and a return of customers. This will help with consumer confidence immensely!
- Practice and keep physical distancing in mind. Wash hands frequently. Have no more than groups of 10 people at a time. Wear a mask or face covering.
- Train your staff to be prepared and use best practices to ensure a safe and clean experience is had by your employees and customers.
- Visit the Yavapai County Community Health Services website for posters, infographics and guidance on best practices for each industry related to re-opening. It also lists each industry and guidance on business types that will or are permitted to be open (https://www.yavapai.us/chs/Home/COVID-19). The information posted is available for business owners to print and use at their discretion. Take advantage of this resource!
- For more information, questions about re-opening or anything related to post COVID-19, call the Yavapai County Community Health hotline at 928-442-5103 (Monday-Friday, 8 am to 5 pm).
The City of Cottonwood hopes to provide streamlined information for business owners, residents and those traveling through the City during this re-opening phase. All direction on reopening is guided by Governor Ducey.
For more information, please contact Tricia Lewis, Tourism & Economic Development Director, at 928-340-2729 or email@example.com.