- Boards & Commissions
- Public Safety Personnel Board
Public Safety Personnel Board
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
View Agendas and Minutes.
D. Except as limited by subsection E of this section, a local board shall have such powers as may be necessary to discharge the following duties:
1. To decide all questions of eligibility and service credits, and determine the amount, manner and time of payment of any benefits under the system.
2. To prescribe procedures to be followed by claimants in filing applications for benefits.
3. To make a determination as to the right of any claimant to a benefit and to afford any claimant or the fund manager or both a right to rehearing on the original determination.
4. To request and receive from the employers and from members such information as is necessary for the proper administration of the system and action on claims for benefits and to forward such information to the fund manager.
5. To distribute, in such manner as the local board determines to be appropriate, information explaining the system received from the fund manager.
6. To furnish the employer, the fund manager, and the legislature, upon request, with such annual reports with respect to the administration of the system as are reasonable and appropriate.
7. To receive and review the actuarial valuation of the system for its group of members.
8. To receive and review reports of the financial condition and of the receipts and disbursements of the fund from the fund manager.
9. To appoint medical boards as provided in section 38-859.
10. To sue and be sued to effectuate the duties and responsibilities set forth in this article.
E. A local board shall have no power to add to, subtract from, modify or waive any of the terms of the system, change or add to any benefits provided by the system, or waive or fail to apply any requirement of eligibility for membership or benefits under the system.