Special Event Permit Applications
Are you looking to plan an event in Cottonwood? If so. we're here to help!
Below is information for permits, plans, and documents required to get your event permitted.
Applications are subject to review and approval by the city. All applications are required 30 days prior to the start of the event. Applications with additional traffic control plans, temporary structure permits, special event liquor licenses, or public safety components may be subject to longer review times.
$50 fee per Special Event Application
Application fees are non-refundable and due at the time of submittal. Additional facility or permit fees may apply.
- What qualifies as a Special Event?
A special event permit is required if a planned event meets any of the following criteria:
- A gathering with more than 100 people in a public setting that substantially deviates from normal use.
- Any event that is being held on City-owned property. This includes parks, indoor facilities, and public right-of-way (streets).
- Any event that requires a state-issued special event liquor license or extension of premises, typically when selling or serving alcohol.
- Any event that utilizes multiple City services above and beyond what is routinely provided.
- Any event that will disrupt the normal traffic flow, such as a parade, race, neighborhood party, or other similar activities.
- Any event that substantially deviates from the current land use.
- Are you planning to sell/have alcohol at your event?
Organizations or individuals planning to hold a special event with alcohol sales must submit an Arizona State Liquor License Special Event Application and a City of Cottonwood Special Event Application. The Arizona State Liquor License Special Event Application is administered by the City Clerk's Office and completed by the Arizona Department of Liquor Licenses & Control. The City Clerk's Office accepts the application and makes a recommendation to the state. For the Arizona Department of Liquor Licenses and Control procedures, please contact (602) 542-5141 or visit www.azliquor.gov. Liquor License Special Event Applications must be submitted to the City Clerk at least 60 days prior to the event to allow ample time for staff to review and schedule for consideration by the City Clerk.
Step 1. Submit the following:
- A signed Liquor License Special Event Application to the City Clerk's Office at firstname.lastname@example.org
- A completed City of Cottonwood Special Event Application through our Special Event Application Submittal Portal located below.
Step 2. Await the City's approval or the Special Event Liquor License (if approved, you will be contacted to pick up your tentatively approved application).
Step 3. Take your tentatively approved Special Event Liquor License Application to the State of Arizona (Arizona Dept. of Liquor), located at 800 West Washington St., 5th Floor, Phoenix, AZ 85007.
Step 4. Await approval by the State agency (Arizona Dept. of Liquor). You will be emailed an approved Special Event Liquor License permit if approved. Forward the approved license to email@example.com to be included in your City of Cottonwood Special Event Permit.
Step 6. Await approval by the City of Cottonwood for your Special Event Permit.
- Will you have vendors?
- If i have Food Vendors do I need a County Health License Permit?
- Where is your event taking place?
- What do i have to submit?
- My event impacts street traffic. What do I do?
- How much does a permit cost?
- Liquor Licenses for a business holding a special event
- Do you need Public Safety Assistance for Traffic Control or Security?